« Home | I Am » | Welcome~ »

Reflection of "I Am" poems


...but what are you? Read through the collection of "I am" poems and jot down words, phrases, lines, feelings, etc. that you notice, that are glimmers of effective writing. Then, click on the comment link and type up a paragraph minimum response explaining what you noticed.

Some words I noticed that stood out to me were: spontaneous, squabbling, and exotic. These words stood out to me because they were different and descriptive. They evoked emotion, instead of simply telling about the subject. I also liked the phrase "enthusiastic and ready." I thought it was neat how the author took enthusiastic and then furthered their idea by describing that they were not only enthusiastic but ready for life. I thought that the juxtaposition in "I feel happiness despite tears" painted a contrasting image in the reader's mind. It added another dimension to the poem. Also, using "shattered mosaic of blue glass" evokes the image and sets the reader up for various different tones. Reversing the order of the statement at the end of the poem reiterates the point, but it also creates good finishing point.

The "I am" poems all had unique thoughts in them. One of the lines I liked was I want to live in a gumdrop palace. Another line I liked was Live life to the fullest.
Some of the words and phrases people chose was also great such as, exotic, spontaneous, suave, shattered mosaic of blue glass, and I am different but still the same. I think if people have the mindset of being a creative writer they really can be, and many people showed that in their "I am" poems. These poems were fun to read also because it gives you a chance to see how your classmates write as well.

As I read all the I AM poems, I found phrases that I thought were very interesting, such as...I am spunky...........I dream of exotic islands........Live life to the fullest........I worry that I won't get to play varsity football.....I feel eyes burning into my soul....I hope happiness prevails........I feel like I'm flying....All of these phrases caught my eye on the I AM poems

When reading all the "I am" poems I was really impressed with everyones poems. They were really, really good. Words that I noticed were: squabbling, destrussion, luring, suave, shattered, buzzing and prevails. They created good pictures in my head which made them memorable.

Post a Comment